By Dave Clark
- To freshen up the look of your pool, a vinyl-liner replacement can be had for a few thousand dollars;
- If you pool’s marbleite finish is in reasonable condition (mildly discoloured or pitted), it can be acid washed and hydro-polished to brighten and smooth the finish
- You can replace existing pool lights with brighter, energy-efficient LED lights;
- If your deck is still structurally sound, often it can be resurfaced using materials such as recycled rubber, epoxy pea-gravel aggregate, man-made stone, random-cut natural flagstone or cedar planks;
- By freshening the landscaping around your pool it can help take the attention away from time-worn components; and
- Landscape night lighting can add pizzazz to your pool area after dark.